Sounds like the perfect date huh? This homemade fabric softener works great for all types of washing machines and is free of chemicals you have never heard of that is included in commercial brands. It’s extremely gentle on clothing, easy to make and can save you a ton of money compared to commercial brands. Here’s what you will need.
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 6 Cups White Distilled Vinegar
- 7 Cups Of Water
- Essential Oils (Optional)
Now how to make;
- Get a gallon sized container (I use old laundry detergent containers or a gallon sized vinegar containers)
- Add the baking soda
- SLOWLY add the vinegar. This will cause a chemical reaction and fizz, so slower the better with the vinegar
- Once all vinegar is added, swirl to make sure all baking soda is done reacting
- Now add all the water. Close lid and swirl again
- Open the lid to allow the gases to vent out
- Once all gases have been released add your desired essential oils if you desire, 20-40 drops is more than enough for a good strength of fragrance
- If you used Essential Oils shake the container before using to make sure it is incorporated before use
- Use 1/2 to 1 cup per load of laundry (I vary the size depending on the size of the load)
This batch will make around 20 loads of laundry depending on your use and Costs around $1.38 to make.
|Batch Quantities||Package Cost|
|Ingredients||Quantity||Weight / Volume||Cost||Total Quantity||Where Bought?||Cost per Recipe|
|Baking Soda||1 Cup||16 oz||$ 7.57||192 oz||Wal-Mart||$ 0.63|
|Vinegar||6 cups||48 oz||$ 1.98||128 oz||Wal-Mart||$ 0.74|
|Essential Oils||25+||1.25 ml||$ 17.19||118 ml||Amazon||$ 0.01|
Compare that to your commercial brands and you can easily save good money every load and not have to worry about what’s in your fabric softener.